- Professor of Commercial Music
Many commercial music alumni work in the music industry in major cities across the country. These jobs run the gamut from audio engineering, producing, music licensing, music publishing to record jobs and radio. Many of our program’s alumni teach at leading university music programs.
Our professionally renown faculty are performers, teachers, composers and producers of music. These include multiple Grammy winners, leaders of well-known musical ensembles like the Count Basie Orchestra, and well-known composers and arrangers.
Our students are part of a large comprehensive college of music that develops countless collaborations. Graduate students and guest artists enrich a community that features close collaboration between students, faculty, and music professionals. Teamwork is stressed with students serving in the many roles required for a successful recording product.
For more information about the Commercial Music program, contact Brian Gaber.
- Students in all degrees study privately with some of the best performer/teachers in the world
- Versatile degree that allows students to pursue their wide-ranging interests while receiving musical training in one of the country’s top music programs
- Weekly private lessons and studio classes with world-class faculty
- Includes possible emphasis in Jazz, Commercial Music, General Music, and other areas.
Program of study includes a central core of academic and performance coursework, while simultaneously allowing students the flexibility to explore specialized interests as appropriate to their individual needs and aspirations.