- Professor of Conducting
- Director of Orchestral Activities
- String Area Coordinator
A leader in preparing tomorrow’s performers, teachers, and researchers through a comprehensive, rigorous curriculum.
Graduates of the FSU string program may be found in orchestras, colleges and universities, and school music programs throughout the nation and the world. Many graduates also enjoy successful multi-faceted careers that are entrepreneurial, include arts administration skills, and performing music of various styles.
We develop 21st century musicians
When you study in the FSU string program, you will be prepared to excel as a versatile, modern musician. Students develop a highly diverse set of tools through weekly private lessons and studio classes with world-class faculty, chamber music rehearsals and coachings, orchestral repertoire classes, pedagogy courses, varied and robust orchestra experiences as well as musician health and wellness seminars.
Inspiration from faculty, peers, and guest artists promotes high performance standards, sound teaching skills, an entrepreneurial mindset and training to help forge a wide variety of successful career paths and exposure to the highest level of musical performances.
Our musical community provides healthy and effective competition in a supportive, collaborative environment as well as personal and regular contact with caring faculty. Our students are motivated and inspired by each other and participate in exceptional collegiality among students and faculty. In addition, our students have access to a supportive and well-connected alumni network.
For more information about the Strings program, contact Alex Jiménez.
- Our students are empowered to fulfil their potential and dreams through comprehensive training and mentorship
- Prepare for a career performing as a chamber musician, soloist, or orchestral member
- Weekly private lessons and studio classes with world-class faculty
- Chamber music rehearsals and coachings
- Orchestral repertoire classes
- Pedagogy courses
- Varied and robust orchestra experiences, providing training in both leadership roles and inside the section
- Musician health and wellness seminars
- Graduates can be found through the fields of performance, teaching, and research, recognized nationally and internationally for their high level of excellence and professionalism
- Graduates have been accepted for graduate study at major music schools of music in the United States and Europe.
- Students who wish to continue their professional development as performers
- Competitive admission for high-level performers
- Prepares students to excel in a performance career
- Abundant performance opportunities in a variety of settings:
- Solo performances
- Chamber music
- Chamber orchestra
- Opera orchestra
- New Music
- Offers students rigorous training as performer, teacher, and researcher
- Prepares students for teaching at the university level through multiple and varied recital opportunities, pedagogy training and mentorship, and research
- Flexible degree plan to support each student’s goals and interests