- June 19 – 25, 2022
- Overnight Campers $601.00
- Day Campers $405.00
Instruction For Advanced Students
The FSU Piano Institute provides comprehensive instruction for advanced players who are looking to continue their keyboard studies over the summer. The instructional focus of the Piano Institute is on building technique, refining interpretation, and preparing for performances.
Auditions can be submitted online between January 10-March 20, 2022. Audition requirements can be viewed by clicking here.
Rigorous Class Schedule
Students will receive instruction in music theory, musicianship, piano literature, and daily masterclasses.
Students will receive 4 private lessons – one per day, Monday through Thursday – and have ample time for individual practice in a private practice room.
The Institute will conclude with a final performance on Saturday, June 25 at 10am. All students will perform and families are welcome to attend.
The week is filled with fun and challenging music and social activities. Activities are planned for each evening and will include movie nights, faculty and staff recitals, ice cream socials, sports, and more. A full recreation schedule will be provided before camp begins.
Be A Summer Seminole
Spend time on the FSU Campus and experience what it’s like to be a Nole. Learn more about dorm rooms, dining, medical care, and everything in between on our CAMP LIFE page.
Camp DetailsExpand All
Applicants must have completed grades 8-11 in the ’21-’22 school year to be eligible to audition.
This camp is for advanced students. An audition is required for acceptance. Audition information will be available in December 2021 and audition will be accepted from January 10 – March 20.
Florida State is committed to providing a quality education to all qualified students and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability. Please contact our office to discuss any questions or accommodations that may need to be made for your camper at least three weeks prior to the start of camp.
Overnight Campers: $601.00
This includes tuition, housing, and three meals per day.
Day Campers: $405.00
This includes tuition only.
All campers will receive a final concert recording.
No money is due when you audition. If you are accepted, you will be sent registration information.
$100.00 of your total camp fee is non-refundable. Families can choose to pay in full when registering OR enroll in a payment plan. Payment plans are auto-draft and must be paid in full by May 10 and a minimum first payment of $100.00 must be paid at the time of registration Campers registering after May 10 must pay in full at the time of registration.
Click here for the Payment, Cancellation and Refund Policy.
Scholarship and other third-party payments can be accepted. Please contact our office if you need assistance with having a scholarship or school booster check applied to your account.
Four private lessons are included at this camp. There is no option to add more lessons.
Audition applications are done online through our application form. Please do not send us audition applications or materials via email.
You will be asked to supply the following:
- An application form that asks general questions about the camper and questions about your audition.
- A brief, 1-page resumé of your playing experience. This may include school experience, special performances, other camps you have attended, private lesson experience and any other pertinent musical details. Click here for a sample.
- Link(s) to a YouTube, Vimeo, or other hosting platform of you playing the following:
- two (2) pieces of contrasting style. The two pieces should be memorized, highlight your technical abillities, and your overall musical capabilities. One piece should be up-tempo and one piece should be is slower, more lyrical. These should be classical pieces. These can be two movements of the same piece. The length of each piece does not matter.It is preferred if you put all of this into one video, rather than 4 separate videos. But if you need to put each of the requirements into separate videos that is okay too, and you can give us the individual web links below. The video should show the pianist’s body and the keyboard.Upload your video(s) onto YouTube, Vimeo, or another hosting platform. In order to avoid copyright issues with the music you select, you can set your video to “Unlisted” on YouTube which will still enable us to view it via the link you provide.We do not accept video files via Dropbox or Google Drive links.
- two (2) scales of your choice.
Applications will be reviewed after the March 20 deadline. All applicants will receive a decision email no later than April 8.
Check-in takes place on Sunday, June 19. You will be sent additional information including a link where you will sign-up for an arrival time slot.
Check-out takes place following the final performance on June 25, 2022. Performance will end at approximately 12:00pm.
Detailed information about check-in, check-out, performance times, and everything in between will be provided in the Camp Handbook.
Sample Camp ScheduleExpand All
|9:00-10:50||Private Lesson/Practice Block|
|2:30-3:20||Elective - Composition & Arranging|
|3:30-5:00||Private Lesson/Practice Block|
|Sunday||Orientation; Meet & Greet with Instructors|
|Monday||Movies & Practice Time|
|Tuesday||Piano Faculty Recital|
|Wednesday||SkyZone, Bowling, Paint-A-Pot or Practice|
|Thursday||Attend Solo Recital|
|Friday||Attend Orchestra Performance|