- Our Music Therapy program maintains a 100% graduate placement rate.
- Our graduates are therapists in all areas of MT: mental health, special education, medicine, hospice and services to older person
- Graduate placements: Ellyn Hamm, Ass’t Prof, U of Georgia, Judy Nguyen, NICU-MT at Yale Children’s Hospital, Hakeem Leonard, Assistant Professor, Shenendoah College.
Engaged Learning & Learning Opportunities
- Observation and therapy in community agencies with experienced MT-BCs.
- Performance experiences with leading faculty artists and multicultural ensembles
- Researching for publication in leading journals and presentations at state and national conferences.
- Early Notes Network – Music Therapy Consortium for Childhood Neurodevelopment
Knowledge In Practice & How We Serve
- National Institute for Infant and Child Medical Music Therapy
- Direction of the clinical MT program at Tallahassee Memorial Medical Center
- Implementation of a Dance Marathon Grant for NICU-MT services to premature infants
- American Music Therapy Association – AMTA
- Southeastern Region – SERAMTA
- Florida Association for Music Therapy – FAMT
- World Federation of Music Therapy
Our Music Therapists practice both locally and globally. Recent graduate placements include.
- Napa State Hospital, California
- University of Kentucky, Kentucky
- Radford University, Virginia
- Palm Beach Music Therapy Institute, Florida
- Early Childhood Center, Illinois
- Behavioral Health Center at Tallahassee Memorial Hospital, Florida
- Apalachee Mental Health, Florida
- Tallahassee Regional Medical Center, Florida