Graduate Students: Thesis, Treatise, and Dissertation Writers
- The manuscript formatting and submission process is published on the Graduate School’s website: https://gradschool.fsu.edu/. All content and clearance procedures are located under “Thesis, Treatise, Dissertation”, found by scrolling to the middle of the page. In order to submit your manuscript successfully, you must adhere to the formatting rules found in the “Requirements for Electronic Theses, Treatises, and Dissertations,” as well as the deadlines outlined for the semester you plan to graduate. There are two deadlines to adhere to: Format Review deadline which comes first, followed-by the Final Clearance deadline. These deadlines occur before the semester is over so be sure to plan accordingly. FSU theses, treatises, and dissertations are to be submitted to the Manuscript Clearance Advisor through your ProQuest ETD account. For additional information, please contact the Manuscript Clearance Advisor in The Graduate School, at (850) 644-3501.
- Information pertaining to the submission requirements for Electronic Thesis, Treatise and Dissertation (ETD) content can be found on The Graduate School’s Manuscript Clearance Online Portal.
- The MC Portal may be accessed here.
- Please review one or more of the following Manuscript Clearance Portal presentations for instructions on using this new website:
- Students MUST complete the final clearance of their manuscript within 60 days of the successful defense of their manuscript, or they MUST re-defend their manuscript. Should students have any questions about this rule, please contact The Graduate School at (850) 644-3501.
- Steps to Graduation Guide
- One to One Permit
- Assistantship Extension Petition Form
- Petition to Drop Form
- Graduate Advising 101
- Treatise and Dissertation Handbook
- Sample Prospectus Signature Page
- Directed Individual Study (DIS) Form
Forms for Doctoral Students
- Admission to Candidacy Form
- Doctoral Commencement Program Information Form
- Doctoral Degree Progress Report
- Doctoral Examinations Form
- Doctoral Performance Recital Pass Form (not voice)
- Doctoral Program of Study Form
- Doctoral Supervisory Committee Form
- Doctoral Voice Performance Recital Pass Form
- Steps to the Degree