What is the Music Living-Learning Community?
We started with historic Cawthon Hall…
a beautiful campus landmark, just a two-minute walk from the College of Music and right across the street from the main campus library;
And made a wonderful place for living…
- suite-style rooms connected by a semi-private bath,
- most with views of campus or the beautiful interior courtyard,
- added full University Housing residence-life programming, along with
- a large, comfortable parlor, reading and study area,
- a small fridge in each room, kitchens on each floor, and
- a palatial laundry room in the basement.
And a wonderful place for learning…
- from award-winning faculty
- with a liberal arts tradition and a strong University Honors Program,
- add in small classes in high-tech classrooms,
- a computer/group piano classroom,
- along with an academic advising office.
For those who love music…
- a close-knit community of first- and second-year music majors,
- three individual practice rooms, an ensemble practice room,
- performance spaces with presentations by faculty and guest artists,
- and concerts and jam sessions.