Our donors want you to share in an amazing summer experience.
what is an Achievement Scholarship?
Thanks to our generous donors, we are able to offer full and partial scholarships to campers who wish to attend camp in Summer 2020. Applications will be evaluated based on demonstrated need, dedication, and achievement, as well as other discount being received. Discounts can range from $25.00 up to the full cost of camp. Interested parties will submit a letter of recommendation, résumé, and application form which will be reviewed by FSU Faculty members. Anyone is welcome to complete this application for a scholarship on behalf of the student including parents, teachers, relatives, general supporters, or the student.
DETAILS ABOUT THese scholarships:
- Applications will be accepted starting January 13, 2020. The camper does not need to be registered for camp to apply; if you receive a discount you will have two weeks from the time of notification to register and pay your non-refundable deposit to take advantage of the discount.
- Deadline for us to RECEIVE your application is March 31, 2020.
- Applications will not be reviewed until after the March 31 deadline. You will receive notification on or around April 15.
- Applications that are received after the March 31 deadline may be considered based on available funding.
- Achievement Discounts are available for all camps except Elementary Music Day Camp.
- Campers are eligible to receive a total of two (2) discounts per camp. For example: you can get the Early Bird and an Achievement Scholarship. You can get the All-State Discount and an Achievement Scholarship. You can NOT receive the Early Bird, the All-State and an Achievement Scholarship.
The Achievement Scholarship requires you to complete an online application. It has five parts:
- Part One: Nominator Contact Information
- Part Two: Student Contact Information
- Part Three: Description of Need and Description of Student Goals
- Part Four: Upload Teacher Letter of Recommendation
- Part Five: Upload Student Resume
This application should not take long to fill out. Here are some additional things to keep in mind about the application materials:
LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION:
The Letter of Recommendation should include: (1) a description of accomplishments, goals, and dedication of the student, (2) why the student would benefit from this experience, and (3) any relevant details about why the family requires financial assistance.
If the teacher prefers for this Letter of Recommendation to be sent directly to the camps, they may email it to email@example.com or send it in the mail to: FSU Summer Music Camps, PO Box 3061180, Tallahassee, FL 32306-1180
If the teacher is sending the letter separately, it is the nominators responsibility to make sure that we have received the letter in our office before the deadline or the application will be considered incomplete.
- STUDENT RESUME: This should be a brief, 1-page resumé of the student's playing experience. This may include school experience, special performances, other camps you have attended, private lesson experience and any other pertinent musical details. Click here for a sample resumé.
Please only submit ONE application PER STUDENT.
- If you have submitted and application and need to update information on the application, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 850-644-9934 and we will help you revise your application.
Getting Your Results
You will be notified VIA EMAIL on or around April 15, 2019. You will receive notification of our decision even if you do not receive a discount.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. My teacher wants to submit their letter of recommendation to you privately. Can they do that?
A. Yes. We will accept letters sent directly from your teacher to us. They can either send them by email (to email@example.com) or in the mail (FSU Summer Music Camps, PO Box 3061180, Tallahassee, FL 32306-1180). If the deadline is approaching, please make sure they email them. If the letter is not received by the deadline then it will be considered a late submission). We must have all materials by March 31, 2020.
Q. When will I be notified of the decision? How will I be notified?
A. Ability Discounts will not be reviewed until after the March 31 deadline. Notifications will be sent by email and will be sent on or around April 15, 2020.
Q. I am unable to complete this application online. What do I do?
A. Please contact our office and we will work with you on an alternate method.