Nothing is more important to us than the well-being of our campers. We are vigilant about emotional safety as well as physical safety; about creating a place where campers feel safe, supported in reaching their goals and accomplishing challenges, and where everyone can have fun. To this end, the FSU Summer Music Camps requires all campers and parents to read and agree to the following Camp Rules and Behavior Policies:
- I will notify camp staff immediately if I am feeling unwell, have a fever, experience any symptoms of COVID-19, or learn that I have been exposed to someone who has tested positive or is suspected positive for COVID-19.
- For overnight campers: I understand that my family will be REQUIRED to pick me up immediately if I have a fever and/or any symptoms of COVID-19, and that there are no refunds of any portion of the camp that is missed.
- For day campers: I understand that I am required to stay home if I am not feeling well. My family will be required to pick me up immediately from camp if I have a fever and/or any symptoms of COVID-19, and that there are no refunds of any portion of the camp that is missed. If I stayed home due to illness, I may only return to camp with a negative COVID test.
- I will follow any current FSU, State and/or Local requirements for COVID mitigation, including mask wearing, regardless of vaccination status, and will practice good hygiene by washing hands and using sanitizers.
- At this time, no mask requirements are in place at FSU or at the State and/or Local levels. However, as COVID-19 is an evolving situation, you should understand that this may change.
- I understand that if I am found to be in violation of any portion of the COVID-19 procedures I am subject to immediate disciplinary action, up to and including dismissal.
- My family understands that all parents/guardians/guests must also follow any current FSU, State, and/or Local requirements for COVID-19 mitigation, including mask wearing, when they are with me on campus at check-in or at the performance.
- I will uphold the standards of our community of camp musicians; helping to maintain a safe and welcoming environment, and helping to foster positive relationships between fellow campers as well as with camp staff and instructors.
- I understand that the FSU Summer Music Camps maintains a bully-free environment, and does not tolerate bullying behaviors in any form including the use of social media. “Bullying” is when one or more people exclude, tease, taunt, gossip, intimidate, stalk, destroy property, hit, kick, or put down another person with the intent to hurt another or at the expense of someone else. Bullying can also happen through cyberspace: through the use of emails, the internet, cell phones, text messaging, instant messaging, social media apps, and other less direct methods. Bullying is inexcusable, and campers that are believed to be bullying or participating in bullying behaviors will be subject to immediate disciplinary actions, up to and including dismissal. Anti-semitic, racist, and any other discriminating behaviors and rhetoric will not be tolerated. Campers believed to be participating in discriminating behaviors will be subject to immediate disciplinary actions, up to and including dismissal.
- I will adhere to University rules and regulations and all codes of conduct while on campus.
I WILL USE MY CELL PHONE RESPONSIBLY:
- I understand that I am allowed to have a cell phone for use during free time. My cell phone and all other devices such as smart watches, music players, games, tablets, and other similar devices will be TURNED OFF COMPLETELY and PUT AWAY OUT OF SIGHT during all classes, rehearsals, and performances.
- I may not take videos or photos during performances with my phone unless I have received prior approval from the Camp Director, Assistant Camp Director, or Dorm Supervisor prior to the event.
- I understand that if my cell phone is turned on, visible, or being used during class, rehearsals, concerts/performances it may be confiscated according to the following policy by any member of the camp staff:
- First Offense: The cell phone will be confiscated for the duration of the event/class/rehearsal/etc. but will be returned to me at the end of the event.
- Second Offense: The cell phone will be confiscated for a period of 24 hours.
- Third Offense: The cell phone or device will be confiscated for the duration of camp. The item will be returned to me at camp check-out.
If my cell phone is confiscated, my parents will still be able to contact me either through the Camp Office or the Southgate Campus Centre.
I WILL FOLLOW THE RULES OF THE DORMITORY:
- I will respect the rights, privacy, and property of others. There will be no stealing. There will be no vandalism. Furniture may not be moved from one room to another. I understand that charges will be made for damages to property. Any damages will be billed to the camper’s family by the Southgate Campus Center.
- I will take responsibility for my personal property, room key, and meal card (paying for, if lost). I agree to secure my room at all times to protect my property and the property of my roommates.
- I understand that there is no room visitation permitted between members of the opposite gender.
- I understand that practicing my instrument is not permitted at the Southgate Campus Center as it is a residence. Practice rooms are available and monitored in the music buildings.
- I understand that only music campers are permitted in the residential areas of Southgate.
- I will follow all rules discussed at Orientation, in small group sessions, and as directed by any member of the camp staff.
I WILL TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY SAFETY AND THE SAFETY OF OTHERS:
- I will not transport other campers in my personal vehicle. If I do transport other campers in my personal vehicle I do so at my own risk and I am responsible for anything that happens to the other camper(s) while in my car. I understand that I may not travel in the personal vehicle of another camper.
- I understand that due to the risk of fire, motorized vehicles such as motorcycles, mopeds, hoverboards, self-balancing scooter boards, two-wheeled scooters, Segways, carts, etc. are not permitted at camp.
- I understand that the possession or use of a firearm, knife, pellet gun, air gun, spring-loaded or paintball gun, or other weapons on campus is a violation of FSU policy and not permitted on campus or at the FSU Summer Music Camps. Weapons include items that are seemingly harmless but may be used as weapons—the so-called “dual-use” items (i.e. pen/utility knives, box cutters, knives of any length or size, sabers, swords or metal scissors with pointed tips). I will not bring any of these items to camp.
I WILL BE RESPECTFUL IN MY USE OF SOCIAL MEDIA AND THE INTERNET:
- I will be respectful in all communications and blogs related to or referencing the camp, its employees, and other campers.
- I may not post photographs or other likenesses of other campers or employees without the individual’s explicit consent.
- I will not use obscenities, profanity, or vulgar language.
- I will not harass, bully, or intimidate other campers or employees of the camp. Behaviors that constitute harassment and bullying include, but are not limited to, comments that are derogatory with respect to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, color, body image, or disability; sexually suggestive, humiliating, or demeaning comments; and threats to stalk, haze, or physically injure another person.
- I will not discuss engaging in conduct that is prohibited by camp policies, including, but not limited to, the use of alcohol and drugs, sexual behavior, sexual harassment, and bullying.
- I understand that if I am found to be in violation of any portion of this Social Networking and Internet Policy I am subject to immediate disciplinary action, up to and including dismissal.
I WILL NOT POSSESS OR USE ANY ALCOHOL, TOBACCO, VAPING, E-CIGARETTES, OR DRUGS DURING THE CAMP (UNLESS PRESCRIBED BY A PHYSICIAN).
- Florida State University is a smoke-free campus. Smoking and use of smokeless tobacco products are prohibited at the FSU Summer Music Camps. I understand that the use or possession of any non-prescribed drug, alcohol, marijuana, tobacco products, or any other controlled substance is grounds for automatic dismissal from the Summer Music Camps.
I UNDERSTAND THAT IF I VIOLATE THE RULES, REGULATIONS, AND CODE OF CONDUCT FOR THIS CAMP, MY PARENTS WILL BE CONTACTED, AND I SHALL BE SUBJECT TO DISCIPLINARY ACTIONS BY THE DIRECTOR OF CAMPUS LIFE, THE DEAN OF STUDENTS, THE ASSISTANT CAMP DIRECTORS, OR THE CAMP DIRECTOR, UP TO AND INCLUDING DISMISSAL FROM CAMP. Any camper who persistently violates academic or Southgate Campus Centre regulations, the standards of the FSU Summer Music Camps, or standards of Florida State University makes himself/herself liable for dismissal. The breaking of any civil law or city ordinance is grounds for automatic dismissal from the Summer Music Camps. Should you be dismissed for any of these reasons, your parents or guardians will be notified. They will be responsible for your immediate transportation home. Students dismissed from camp at any time will not be reimbursed any funds paid, including tuition, housing, and food payments.