- Prepare for a career as a Musical Theatre performer in multiple markets including Broadway, Off-Broadway, Regional Theatre, Summer Stock, Television, Film and New Media.
- Many of our alum go on to work on the other side of the stage as Directors, Choreographers, Musical Directors, Composers and Arts Educators.
- Graduate placements (seeking maximum of three spotlight alumni plus perhaps an additional list)
- Mekia Cox – BM 2003
- Mike Evariste – BM 2003
- Stephen Anthony – BM 2012
Engaged Learning & Learning Opportunities
- New Musical Development in the Classroom
- Senior Recital
- Performance opportunities – Musicals, Plays, Operas and other Music Ensembles
Knowledge In Practice & How We Serve
- Senior Showcase for NYC Casting Directors and Agents
- Many students work in professional Summer Stock Theatre over the summers.
The Music Theatre Program takes pride in having distinguished alumni, with former students currently on Broadway in The Book of Mormon, Hello, Dolly! starring Bette Midler, School of Rock, Aladdin, A Bronx Tale, and Phantom of the Opera, as well as Off- Broadway in Avenue Q and Jersey Boys. In the Fall newly announced shows Tootsie and Cher will feature former FSU Music Theatre students, while Christiani Pitts will be starring in King Kong. Broadway credits for alumni in the past have included On Your Feet, Mamma Mia!, Groundhog Day, Matilda, CATS, and many others including Memphis, for which Montego Glover received a Tony nomination for Best Actress.
Alumni of the Music Theatre Program also have appeared in the recent NBC Live production of Jesus Christ Superstar, and in numerous national and international tours including, among others, Hamilton, Mamma, Mia!, Book of Mormon, On Your Feet, A Chorus Line, Chicago, Cabaret, Aladdin and many others. They can be seen everywhere in regional theatre productions, as well as in film, television, and commercials.
You can read more about our music theatre alumni here: Where are they now?