- Associate Professor Of Jazz Drum Set
Graduates in FSU Jazz work as artist/performers across the globe as soloists and sidemen.
Many commercial music alumni work in the music industry in major cities across the country. These jobs run the gamut from audio engineering, producing, music licensing, music publishing to record jobs and radio. Many of our program’s alumni teach at leading university music programs.
Our professionally renown faculty are performers, teachers, composers and producers of music. These include multiple Grammy winners, leaders of well-known musical ensembles like the Count Basie Orchestra, and well-known composers and arrangers.
Our students are part of a large comprehensive college of music that develops countless collaborations. Graduate students and guest artists enrich a community that features close collaboration between students, faculty, and music professionals. Teamwork is stressed with students serving in the many roles required for a successful recording product.
For more information about the Jazz program, contact Leon Anderson.
For more information about the Commercial Music program, contact Brian Gaber.
Jazz & Commercial Music Faculty
- Students in all degrees study privately with some of the best performer/teachers in the world
- Versatile degree that allows students to pursue their wide-ranging interests while receiving musical training in one of the country’s top music programs
- Weekly private lessons and studio classes with world-class faculty
- Includes possible emphasis in Jazz, Commercial Music, General Music, and other areas.
- Prepare for a jazz career in this comprehensive program that includes:
- Weekly applied lessons and studio classes
- Large and small ensembles of all genres including combo and big band.
- Improvisation, pedagogy, jazz history and jazz piano included
- Graduates can be found through the fields of performance, teaching, and research, recognized nationally and internationally for their high level of excellence and professionalism
- Students who wish to continue their professional development as performers, composers and teachers.
- Competitive admission for high-level musicians.
- Prepares students to excel in a career with hands-on, real-world experience.
- Solo improvisation with combo and jazz ensemble.
- Teaching and pedagogical experiences in a variety of settings.
- Jazz theory and history.
- Composition and arranging.
- Abundant performance opportunities in a variety of settings.