A life in music . . . music for a lifetime . . .
What is the Living-Learning Community?
At Florida State, a Living–Learning Community (LLC) is a small group of students who live together, share an interest, and take one or two of their classes together — usually in a small classroom inside their residence hall. Designed primarily for first-year students, an LLC is a great place to plug into a supportive network of students and distinguished faculty as soon as you arrive at FSU.
What is the Music Living-Learning Community?
We started with historic Cawthon Hall...
a beautiful campus landmark, just a two-minute walk from the College of Music,
and right across the street from the main campus library;
And made a wonderful place for Living...
- suite-style rooms connected by a semi-private bath
- most with views of campus or the beautiful interior courtyard
- added full University Housing residence-life programming, along with
- a large, comfortable parlor, reading and study area,
- a small frig in each room, kitchens on each floor, and
- a palatial laundry room in the basement
And a wonderful Place for Learning...
- from award-winning faculty
- with a liberal arts tradition and a strong University Honors Program,
- add in small classes in high-tech classrooms,
- a computer/group piano classroom,
- along with an academic advising office;
For those who love Music -
- a close-knit community of first- and second-year music majors
- three individual practice rooms, an ensemble practice room,
- performance spaces with presentations by faculty and guest artists,
- and concerts and jam sessions.