2-to-1 Matching Discounts are offered to students who are receiving a scholarship from an accredited organization outside of FSU. This would include school boosters, Lions Club, arts organizations, and other entities with a tax ID number.
FSU Summer Music Camps will contribute $.50 for every $1.00 that an accredited organization awards the student up to a maximum of $50.00 for camps of at least 5 nights , and a maximum of $100.00 for camps that are 7 nights or more.
So for example: If you are attending Senior High Band Camp (a camp that is 7 nights or more), and your boosters give you $100.00, we would give you $50.00 to add to that. If the boosters gave you $250, we would give you $100.00 because that's the max. Using the same example for Jazz Ensemble Camp (a 6 night camp); if a local lions club gave you $100, we would give you $50.00 to add to that because that's the maximum. If they gave you $50.00, we would add $25.00 to it.
The Matching Discount is awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis during the application window of January 8 - March 1 for all camps except the Marching Band Leadership Camp. For Marching Band Leadership Camp the application window is January 8 - June 8. There is a limited amount of funding for this discount, and therefore, funding may be depleted before the cut off dates.
Overall Camp Discount Guidelines:
Maximum Number of Discounts
Campers are eligible to receive a total of two (2) discounts per camp. For example: you can get the Early Bird and an Ability Discount. You can get the All-State Discount and an Ability Discount. You can NOT receive the Early Bird, the All-State and an Ability Discount.
Maximum Value of Discounts
The total amount of combined value in discounts that you can receive from the FSU Summer Music Camps can not exceed the $150 per camp.
Matching Discount Guidelines:
- Matching Discount funds are limited. Discounts are given on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- The camper must be registered and have paid the non-refundable deposit of $100.00 before you can apply.
- Please allow at least 3 weeks from the time of mailing for us to receive & process your application.
You will be notified in writing of any discount that has been given to you. Discounts will be automatically credited toward your camp account.
Instructions For Individual Applicants:
This discount application requires you to complete an online application. Discount applications will be accepted starting January 8th. All applications are done online through this site (link will be active in January). You may need to create a user account on this site in order to apply. If you think you have an account already but need help accessing it you may contact our office for assistance.
Once you create an account and log in, you will fill out a general application form. Once you have completed this basic form you will be able to go to a listing of all of available discounts and select any that you wish to apply for, including the Matching Discount.
For the Matching Discount, you will then be required to submit the following:
- A supplemental application form that asks specific questions about the Matching Discount
- A copy of a letter, form or other documentation verifying the scholarship
Within the body of the letter should be the following: the amount of the award, the organizations contact information, the campers full name, and the name of the camp the student will be attending.
You have two options for submitting Item #2:
- You may upload the documentation yourself.
- You may submit your application form without uploading these items and ask the scholarship organization to send the letter via regular mail on your behalf. In this case, your application will not be complete until we receive the items from the organization. The deadline for the organization to postmark the letter is: March 1, 2018 (or June 8 for Marching Band Leadership and Color Guard Camp).
Once you are sure you have completed all tasks and are happy with your application click SUBMIT to officially submit your application. You will receive an on-screen notification that your application has been received.
|CLICK HERE TO BEGIN YOUR APPLICATION|
Instructions For Organizations Applying On Behalf Of Multiple Campers:
If you are an organization sending in one check and one letter for multiple campers, the students do not need to complete the online application process above. To complete the request for matching funds for a group of campers, please send us the following:
- A letter on your organizations letterhead that requests the matching funds and includes the following information:
- Each students full name
- Each students address, phone number and email
- The amount of funding you are giving to each individual student
- The actual scholarship check (or a copy of it) that you are submitting for the students
Mail the above to:
The FSU Summer Music Camps, PO Box 3061180, Tallahassee, FL 32306-1180
Deadline to postmark these materials is: March 1, 2018 (or June 8 for Marching Band Leadership Camp and Color Guard Camp).
Please make sure that all of the students have actually registered for camp before sending in these materials. We can not apply scholarships funds to any student until they are officially registered for camp.