WHAT TO EXPECT AT CAMP CHECK-IN
The check-in process is similar for most camps, but the times, dates and camp specific activities that happen at each one varies. The information below is generic for all camps, but you can find detailed information about your specific camp check-in in your Handbook.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT CAMP CHECK-IN
You can arrive anytime during your designated check-in time period but please leave yourself enough time to complete all of the check-in process - you may feel rushed if you arrive too close to the closing time. (Tip: The longest lines tend to be at the very beginning and very end of check-in). There are some camps which have activities that take place only at camp check-in and if you arrive late you will not be able to take advantage of those activities.
If you are unable to attend check-in during the designated times due to extenuating circumstances, please contact our office so that we can make alternate arrangements with you.
If you accidentally arrive after the close of camp check-in you should go directly to the dorm. Late arrivals will need to stop by the administration office before their first class the next day to complete the administrative portion of check-in.
CHECK-IN PART ONE: ADMINISTRATIVE
**YOU WILL LEAVE YOUR BAGS IN YOUR CAR AND JUST BRING IN ANY PAPERWORK YOU HAVE TO TURN IN AND ANY AUDITION MUSIC**
Administrative check-in must be done first. This takes place in the HOUSEWRIGHT MUSIC BUILDING. Parking is available in the garage on the corner of Call Street and Macomb.
At Administrative check-in you will:
- Pick up your camp Welcome Packet. This will include your camp ID, your daily activities schedule, and a pencil.
- Confirm that all of your required forms have been received and are complete.
- If they have not been sent back in advance, you will need to turn them in at this time. Be sure to have your medical insurance card with you so that we can make a copy if you did not already send one in.
- No camper may start camp without all required forms being completed and signed by a guardian.
- Confirm with the cashier that you are paid in full.
- If you have a balance it must be paid at this time. No camper may start camp without payment in full.
- Have the option to purchase a camp cd and/or photo
- Have the option to purchase a camp t-shirt
OTHER STOPS: Depending on which camp you are attending, you may have other stops which include signing up for private lessons, taking a music theory survey, purchasing required music and performing a placement audition. Read your camp handbook to learn about your specific check-in.
Once you are done with Administrative Check-in, you WILL return to your car and drive over to the dorm.
CHECK IN PART TWO: DORM
**YOU WILL LEAVE YOUR BAGS IN YOUR CAR UNTIL AFTER YOU HAVE RECEIVED YOUR ROOM KEY.***
THE ONLY THING YOU SHOULD TO BRING IN WITH YOU AT FIRST ARE:
- Your name tag which you were given at administrative check-in
- The red or green tag you were given at administrative check-in
- Any medications (prescriptions & over the counter) which need to be turned into the counselors.
This takes place at the SOUTHGATE CAMPUS CENTRE at 675 West Jefferson Street, Tallahassee, FL 32304. There is a parking garage on Pensacola Street across from the dorm where you can park.
At Dorm Check-In you will:
- Get your room assignment and counselor assignment
- Get your meal card
- Confirm and turn in any prescription medications.
(see the Medical Care section for more details about our medication policy).
- Get your room key
- If you drove yourself to camp, turn in your car keys.
**NOW YOU ARE READY TO UNPACK YOUR BAGS, FIND YOUR ROOM, AND GET SETTLED!**
Once you have completed dorm check-in, you are officially under the supervision of the camps. If you wish to leave the dorm (to eat, run errands, etc....) you can only do so by being signed out by your parents or a pre-approved guardian. Dinner will be served starting at 5:00pm, and it is the first meal covered under the dining plan.