The College of Music supplemental application is required for all music applicants in addition to the Florida State University general application. Please read the following guidelines before completing the application:
- Please submit your FSU Application prior to beginning your College of Music Application.
- Know the application requirements for your program. Have you read the Application Instructions?
- If your program requires an admissions audition, be prepared to select one of our audition dates. If you are unable to attend one of our audition dates, you may submit a recorded audition. Be sure to upload all required pieces.
- Be prepared to briefly discuss your professional goals in just a few short sentences. Graduate student applicants will be asked to submit a 1-2 page Personal Statement. See Application Instructions
- You will be asked to list all educational institutions you have previously attended, including degrees earned and dates of enrollment. Please be sure that you have submitted official transcripts from these institutions to the university. Junior- and Senior-level transfers and graduate students do not need to submit high school transcripts or list them on the application.
- Be prepared to list the names and email addresses of the individuals who will be submitting recommendations for you. These individuals will receive an email with a secure link to complete the recommendation once you submit the application. This is the preferred method for submitting recommendations, but we will also accept them by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Correspondence regarding your application/audition will be sent to only the primary email address you submit on this application. Please be sure that this account remains active, and add all "@fsu.edu" accounts to your safe senders list.
If you have already submitted this application and wish to make a change, please DO NOT submit another application. Instead, contact the College of Music Admissions Office.
If you wish to be considered for more than one program or more than one instrument, submitting an additional application may be required. Before proceeding with a second application, please contact the College of Music Admissions Office for further instruction (email@example.com or 850.644.6102).