2018 Audition Dates
January 27 | February 10 | February 24
(for all programs except accompanying)
January 19 | February 16
Additional Music Theatre Auditions
JANUARY 28 | FEBRUARY 11 | FEBRUARY 25
Additional Graduate Auditions
January 26 (voice) | February 9 (voice)
February 23 (piano and voice)
Who is required to audition, and how are auditions scheduled?
All undergraduate applicants and graduate performance and pedagogy applicants must pass an audition to enter the College of Music. Auditions are scheduled through the College of Music Supplemental Application. Applications submitted by December 1st are given first priority for audition scheduling, however, auditions will continue to be scheduled as space allows. Please apply early to secure your choice of audition date.
Is a prescreening recording required?
Prescreenings are only required for masters and doctoral voice performance, masters and doctoral piano performance, and masters piano pedagogy applicants. These submissions are due no later than December 1.
How do I apply for a scholarship or graduate assistantship?
Everyone who auditions as a music major is automatically considered for talent scholarships and assistantships, and no additional application is necessary. Only graduate students interested in auditioning for Piano Accompanying or Class Piano assistantships are required an additional audition. Contact College of Music Admissions for further details.
Is an accompanist provided?
Accompanists are only provided for voice auditions. Instrumentalists may play unaccompanied or secure their own accompanist.
Are recorded auditions acceptable?
Although applicants are strongly encouraged to audition on campus, recorded auditions are acceptable if cost or distance prohibits travel to Tallahassee. Audition Days also include campus and College of Music tours, meetings with faculty and administration, and student and faculty performances. Those who audition live are generally more successful in their audition and, in most cases, receive higher priority for scholarships.
Please note the following guidelines:
- Recorded auditions are to be submitted online as part of the College of Music Supplemental Application.
- Please ensure that recordings are of the highest quality possible and that all audition requirements are uploaded, or your audition may be disqualified.
- CD/DVD submissions will not be accepted - upload your recording(s) to YouTube or Vimeo and attach to the application. YouTube videos may be Public or Unlisted, but not Private.
- Please record each selection separately and label accordingly for easy identification.
- Voice auditions must be accompanied.
- Exception: Applicants for Music Theatre, Percussion, Oboe, and Trumpet are not permitted to submit recorded auditions.
Recorded Auditions are due no later than midnight on February 15.